Old 02-06-2006, 04:46 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Malcolm Manners

Default Flower ID - first posting

Raphanus wrote:
I don't know if it's usual to make an intro or not. Anyway, I'm a
retired physicist who has taken up the study and identification of
native plants as a hobby. Live in Aiken, SC.

At

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raphanus97 are three photos of a plant
that has me stumped. If it weren't for the five pointed petals I'd
guess it was Common Toadflax (Nuttallanthus canadensis) Please educate
me if my photos are lacking or whatever...

It looks to me like Wahlenbergia marginata (Thunb.) de Candolle, in the
family Campanulaceae. Naturalized, introduced from Asia.