Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default type of filter

hviking wrote:
Hi I have to redo my pond in the spring. Its a rubber liner and the walls
are moving in, probably not built in the best way in the first place. Where
can I look to learn more on how to properly build a pond.

Hagar,

Here are a few I used.

http://www.astorybooklife.com/build-a-garden-pond.shtml

http://www.backyardgardener.com/water/index.html

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...terGarden.html

http://www.mygreathome.com/outdoors/water_garden.htm

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/e...den/plant.html

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/thewatergarden

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume...arden_Pond.htm

Second question,
What type of filter. Where can I go to read and learn about filters? I've
been using a sponge type filter and cleaning it weekly, are the biological
type better, less maintenance. Any help is apprecicated.

I have found the key to a clean pond is LOTS of water plants and very
few/small fish. I'm only using a pump (for my little waterfall) and
prefilter. That's it, and my water is so clear I could toss a book to
the bottom of my pond and read it from up top.

Patrick