Old 03-06-2006, 01:46 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Craig Watts

Default Help my Squash Please !

MJC wrote:
My yellow squash and zucchini grow fruits (?) to about 1 or 2 inches long
and then just die and turn black. What am I doing wrong?
They are getting plenty of water (irrigation system) and we have fertilized
them. We know the soil is slightly acidic so we have added some lime as
well. They are in a new raised bed garden and I have even kept it weed free.
I am so frustrated, any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
MJ

We have the same problem on Penny Road. Looked it up in "the
book" and it said a lack of fertilization (bees).

Still wondering and glad we are not a lone.

Craig