Old 02-06-2006, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default vegetables not needing much water

hazchem wrote:
There is a hosepipe ban in my area, South London. I do not want to be
carrying lots of water in watering cans. Can I please get some advice
on which vegetables need the least amount of watering.

Maggie has given you lots and lots of superbe ideas. If you feel that
the plot you leave to grass is perhaps the reason why you got a nasty
letter (and I can only think that this is the reason), why don't you
green manure it with a mix or if you need to do it now use alfafa seeds
with long roots and this one tolerates dry conditions. Once grown and
green, dig it in and it will be ready for next year.

Hoping the lotty brigade will leave you alone then ;o)