Old 02-06-2006, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Rhubarb ?

the_constructor wrote:
My garden isn't big enough for a lawn and a vegetable garden, so I started
to grow potatoes, radish, carrots, onions in pots which the lady at the
local flower shop let me have for free.
Can I grow rhubarb in a pot ..... ?
I have a number of green boxes that I got from the council for recycling,
which would be great if possible.

You can grow them in pots but your recycling box will not be deep
enough and perhaps not big enough eventually. You need something twice
that size, if not more, unless you devide them in the autumn. When you
usually plant the devided plants, 4ft spacing is usually required - so
just imagine how big they get. If you can't find a container big
enough, or it's too expensive, I'd use an old compost bag. That would
be perfect.