Old 02-06-2006, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Here comes summer!

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:44:29 +0100, DavePoole Torquay wrote
(in article .com):

Just to rub it in, a much welcolmed sea breeze set in around mid-day
and pegged it to 26C. Bananas have grown visibly since this morning
and their leaves are once more expanding by nearly a foot a day. Sacha
- that Solanum opened its first flower today - rich purple blue and a
full 2.5 inches across. Can't wait till there's 20 or so of them in a
truss all out at the same time.

That's the S. wendlandii you picked up the other day? I think you have S.
rantonettii, too? If the former, I hope it doesn't claw you to death first,
fabulously lovely though it is. I moved a couple around in the prop. house
the other day and was lucky to retain my arms, legs and eyesight!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk