Old 03-06-2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

Default Black spots on tomato leaves

"Landrey" wrote in message
reenews.net...
My plants seem to look the most like this picture he

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...leaves/5c.html

Are my plants doomed or will this copper spray provide adequate

protection?

This is a common fungus on tomats, usually starting on the lower leaves and
works it way up. If it gets going early in the season and it/s not
controlled, your crop can be quickly doomed.

Get Ye Some Fungicide and Applyith Forthwith - Double Strength - and All
Will Not Be Lost! Spray weekly until the solution begins to drip from the
leaves throughout the growing season for best results.

I like Maneb v. Daconil products b/c for the same money, you use less with
Maneb.

Avoid copper sprays, if you can b/c they tend to clog sprayer tubes and
nozzles.

Some fungus diseases result from rainwater splashing off infected soil, so I
apply a mulch of grass clippings to reduce that risk.