Old 17-03-2003, 03:56 PM
John

Default Pond Newbie need urgent help!!!

Hi,Craig:
Thanks a lot for you advise, I bought 10 Gold fish last Saturday
and there looks very health in my pond, I do think they won't have any
problem, especially after a whole day heavy rain Sunday, they looks
very energetic now.
John
"Craig Cagle" wrote in message . ..
John,
I am by no means an expert, but I do have goldfish in my 1000 gal. pond.
From what I've read, goldfish need about half the room koi do - about 50
gallons per fish assuming each one will grow to 10" at most. Using that
formula 6000 gal. should accomodate 120 goldfish.
As for adding dechlorinators to the water - I added nothing to my tap
water when the pond was built. Just let it sit half a day and added my four
6" goldfish who are still alive 4 six months later! I have heard that
goldfish are more indestructible than koi though.
Hope this helps.
Craig