Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot

Default sg1

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i hate the suburbs. i'm getting out of here as fast as i can (but
unfortunately that's just not fast enough). i hope you enjoy your stint,
but
for me, i'm NEVER, EVER coming back.

I like it here in suburbia. But my garden is large enough to keep me
occupied, and I have two little boys who will grow up to appreciate our
proximity to the city. I like being in a freestanding house but think
that
larger blocks than mine are generally wasted.

What don't you like in suburbia, Kylie?

it would be shorter to tell you what i DO like. g

1: my kids can have much more physical freedom as there aren't traffic
issues
and 2: (this is probably only specific to the canberra burbs, where i am) i
like the bush bands and massive parks that we have. (unfortunately the big
parks and bush bands only add to the endless spread, so they're actually
part of the problem g - merely a pleasant problematic aspect rather than
purely problematic.)

i love cities and i love the country, but this halfway existence in the
burbs is a dispiriting hell. still, it galvanised my interest in gardening,
so nothing's all bad eh :-)
kylie --- moving to the country soon, hurrah!