Old 03-06-2006, 04:32 AM posted to austin.gardening
Gae Xavier

Default When Skeeter Dunks Don't Work

Victor Martinez wrote:
Gae Xavier wrote:

So if you do not keep those containers clean of organic matter, the BT
will not work on the skeeters. I had no idea! Who knew?

I doubt that information is accurate, since dunks work just fine in ponds.

Hey Victor!

My pond has plants and fish and is nice smelling and clear looking, but
my trash cans with drainage off the roof get a lot of tree debris and
leaves, so the water is brown and brackish and the gunk at the bottom
smells like sewer.

So, I suspect that is the sort of organic matter that she was referring
to not well-balanced pond water.

Gae