Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Stikeebun Stikeebun is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emntee
Hi Stickeebun

The symptoms do not sound like crown rot!!

I grow lots of Phalaenopsis and occasionally one will have a folded
leaf as it emerges. Sometimes it is caused by an insect having a good
chew on it.

The black tips are something else. I have seen this in Cattleyas where
the mature leaf starts to go black from the tip and the black stuff
slowly works it's way down the leaf until the leaf dies. I am told this
is caused by a fungus. I have not seen this in Phalaenopsis.

Don't know if this helps or not, but forget about crown rot.

Tony
Hi Tony

Thanks for the advice; I'm gonna wait and see what happens.... I now have 3 flower spikes forming and the other unfolded leaves still look good. My other Phals are still doing their thing as normal

Stikeebun