Old 03-06-2006, 10:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com

Default Growing your own to save

"Sgt.Sausage" wrote in message

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
My husband and I are in the midst of a heated debate. He disagrees with
me that growing your own produce is cheaper than purchasing it.

Besides the health benefits, and obviously the better tasting produce I
would be very interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on the subject.

Is it cheaper or more expensive to grow your own crops?

It's far, far more now. I've started growing and curing my own
tobacco to roll my own cigarettes. That, alone, saves me about
$1200 bucks a year that used to go to Mr. Marlboro.

do tell more

rob