Old 03-06-2006, 12:26 PM posted to aus.gardens
Yau-ming

Default Do Worm castings contain worm eggs?

"loosecanon" wrote in message news:447d9f29$0$7871
I suspect those piles of castings in the park are from lawn beetles. They
leave tell tale volcano shaped castings above ground. Years ago I was
playing golf on a course that had preferred lies. A friend used to take a
preferred tee off on any of these that were close by.

Lawn Beetles? Hmm... I don't think so but I'll check it out.

The castings are just small, soft muddy dirt balls. There is otherwise no
disruption to the soil surface.