Old 03-06-2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sally

Default New Lawn - It's Alive!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Great advice from you all so far. I really appreciate this group.

My newly seeded lawn is about a week old now. It has germinated and there
are lovely little fine green hairs all over the place now. I'm so
excited!!!

My question is... how do I know when to give it the first mow? The
seedlines are about 1 inch tall now, and the soil is quite wet due to recent
rain and watering. I'd be afraid to walk on it now, for fear of crushing
the poor things - and certainly not with a lawn mower.

So do I wait another week? two? month?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sally