Old 03-06-2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Urgent, will it be too late to plant lily bulbs in two weeks?

In article ,
"I Love Lucy" wrote:

We have to fill in where new steps were poured with topsoil (can mix in
some peat I have), and I read that lilies are good to prevent soil
erosion. Can I plant the bulbs if I order some as late as the middle of
June? Usually they should be planted in the fall.

Give it a shot. Consider the alternative. Waiting...not always a bad
thing ) But if you have the bulbs now plant now and transplant when
you are ready perhaps in large pots? Lilies can grow to six foot +. A
consideration I'd go with a ground cover out to your lilies. Is OK to
make many mistakes.

I have!

Bill

--