Old 03-06-2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sue

Default pesticides

Alan, I'm a great believer in Bug-Geta. I use it every year. It does
the trick, is really easy and quick. But, I'm not into organic.
I had a problem with white flies on my zucchini and way over sprayed
(and at the wrong time of day) some Bug-B-Gon. It was so old that the
directions were no longer legible. Anyway, the next morning it was
apparent that I'd screwed up as I'd fried a lot of the leaves. So,
now I have something called Admire which is a systemic. That kinda
bothers me more than the exterior stuff. Admire isn't available to
the home gardener as far as I know. I got it from a fellow who does
commercial application. I live in the San Joaquin Valley (Merced
County, CA) and know lots of farmers.
Sue

On Tue, 30 May 2006 12:18:00 -0400, Alan wrote:

Here is what I bought so far and please tell me if this stuff is bad.
I am on Long Island in NY and we have a slug and snail problem and I
think we had other insects last year but I don't remember which.

Sluggo and those productsd are not available here.

Maxide Slug & Snail Killer- Wife bought that for flowers

Ortho Bug-GETA - I bought that for the slugs and snails\

Garden Safe: (brand Name) Fruit and Vegetable Spray- at Home Depot

Bonide Garden Dust (Copper Sulphate 7%) Home Depot

Rotnone