Old 03-06-2006, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Roots

I recently bought off Ebay Blc. Dr. Joe Walker 'Ray Mishima, #T-3718.
Of course it came with all the roots dead. Per your instructions I cut
off all dead, rotten roots, washed in Hydrogen Peroxide, washed in a
weak bleach solution, washed in Physan 20 solution and placed it in a
S/H container with one inch of wetted P/A. I set it aside and waited
about one month. Today I have seven one inch roots and one new growth
1/4 inch long.
I took 18" of #12 insulated copper wire, formed a loop to fit the
inside bottom of the pot with the long section turned up to form a
support. The loop went in the bottom, I filled with P/A to almost cover
the roots and tied the plant to the wire for support.
Now of course the thing will die. ;-))
Thanks for all the info., it works.

Joe T