Old 03-06-2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Foaming water

"chris burton" wrote in message

I have recently installed a Boase Aquamax 6000 pump in my small garden
pond.

Just how *small* is the pond?

Unfortunatly I think the pump is too big as my pond surface is
covered in foam.

Disturbed organics? Products of pawning?

I am unable to see my fish or anything else through
this foam. Is this foam oxegenated water and is it caused by too much
flow down my waterfall? I am not able to restrict the pump flow by
inserting a valve in the hose line as this will cause the pump to cut
out. Is there anything else I can do other than replace the pump for a
smaller one.
Please help.
Chris Burton.

--