Old 03-06-2006, 06:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Doc

Default Strawberry fields forever?

I had some strawberries in a garden at growing in a garden at a house I was
renting out. One of my tenants had planted them. The were large delicious
and spreading themselves quickly. I transplanted several of the to my new
house. The first year they did not do much, which I kind of suspected would
happen.

This year they took off. First the plants grew tall and had a flower. I
saw bees around them and figured they were being pollinated. They stared
sending out spreaders which was great. However all the berries are the
small tasteless things what we used to call wild strawberries.

What happened to my berries? Can I do anything to save them? If I have to
replant new strawberries how do I keep this from happing again?

--
Doc