Old 03-06-2006, 05:10 PM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy

Default When Skeeter Dunks Don't Work

"Gae Xavier" wrote in message
Jangchub wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:32:32 -0500, Gae Xavier wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Gae Xavier wrote:

So if you do not keep those containers clean of organic matter, the BT
will not work on the skeeters. I had no idea! Who knew?

I doubt that information is accurate, since dunks work just fine in

ponds.

Hey Victor!

My pond has plants and fish and is nice smelling and clear looking, but
my trash cans with drainage off the roof get a lot of tree debris and
leaves, so the water is brown and brackish and the gunk at the bottom
smells like sewer.

So, I suspect that is the sort of organic matter that she was referring
to not well-balanced pond water.

Gae

It doesn't matter. All ponds have sludge at the bottom, especially if
there are fish. The dunks work, and the information you read is
incorrect.

The smell in the bottom of the trash cans are anaerobic organisms.

Look, I didn't come on here to argue with you two smart guys.

All I know is the woman on Central Texas Gardener show made a statement
to keep your water containers clean of organic debris if you want your
dunks to work properly.

Good Luck to You -- Gae

If you put a screen over the containers, why would you need to use a dunk?
Just saying.......