Old 04-06-2006, 02:01 AM posted to sci.engr.lighting,rec.gardens
John Hines

Default Any grow light dealers out there?

Mama Bear wrote:

Good idea. So now all I need is a 175 watt metal halide broad
spectrum lamp ( balanced blue and yellow ) and matched decent
quality ballast-socket combo.

Any ideas on where I can find those on the web?

http://www.altgarden.com

specifically

http://www.altgarden.com/store/cart....ct_detail&p=67

although no picture of the bulb. G

Bulbs are usually rated by their color temperature, so the difference
between 3K and 5K is more blue in the spectrum. And 1000 less lumens, at
twice the cost.

5000 Kelvin's is also called "daylight", since that closely matches the
spectrum of sunlight.

Smaller bulbs, up to 250w are more common these days in industrial and
commercial lighting, it is possible to find them at home centers and
electrical supply places, just ask for daylight bulbs.

--
If I had something to say, this is where I'd say it.