Old 03-06-2006, 10:27 PM posted to austin.gardening
kerry

Default Weeping Willow In The Hill Country

There is one near the intersection of RR 12 and 290. As you go towards
RR 12, it's on the right, I think it's next to a restaurant. The reason
you don't see many here is that there isn't much top soil. Willows have
very deep roots, and probably can't grow in the rocky ground here. My
sister has one in her yard in Ft Worth and she had to cut it down
because the roots grew into her water lines.

Zzyzx wrote:
I have always wanted to have a weeping willow tree. Just moved into a new
house off the 290 and Nutty Brown. Will it be possible to plant and have a
healthy willow tree in this area?

Thanks,
Dave