Old 04-06-2006, 02:52 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Weeping Willow In The Hill Country

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:22:21 GMT, "Zzyzx" wrote:

"Jonny" wrote in message
k.net...
"Zzyzx" wrote in message
I have always wanted to have a weeping willow tree. Just moved into a new
house off the 290 and Nutty Brown. Will it be possible to plant and have

healthy willow tree in this area?

Thanks,
Dave

http://www.arborday.org/trees/treegu...tail.cfm?id=30
--
Jonny

Jonny,

Thanks for that link. My only concern is; I have not seen any of these trees
anywhere in my area. Makes me wonder why not

Willo trees require an enormous amount of water or they seek it out
via pipes, the foundation, etc. They live for about ten years, if
that.