Old 04-06-2006, 02:59 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default When Skeeter Dunks Don't Work

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:10:04 -0500, Gae Xavier wrote:

Actually, in remembering as I did my house work, I think that was the
point she was making. That those containers needed to be covered because
BT would not work in that kind of environment -- requires more oxygen
than available in brackish water.

So covering the garbage cans can keep both skeeters and the leaf
material that rots.

I think it is the lack of oxygen that was the issue for making BT work
-- and since it only has a 30 day active period and comes in a package
of dunks to cover 6 cow ponds on a 100 acre farm for 30 days.

So, guess that was why she was demonstrating covering the cans with
flexible screens and bungie cords.

Best to All-- Gae

Trisha Shiree (sp?) has given horribly incorrect information on
occasion. That's why I no longer listen to Dromgool's radio show.
The woman on after Dromgool on Saturday is also vastly incorrect on
MANY things. I don't listen to her any more. Same with CTG. I like
Tom very much, but he has Dromgool on there and I find him to have
well surpassed ignorance. My garden was once featured on CTG, but I
rarely watch it any more.