Old 03-06-2006, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Plant IDs please - worrisit ?

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 00:33:15 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote
(in article ):

The message et
from Sacha Hubbard contains these words:

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:27:09 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote
(in article ):

The message et
from Sacha Hubbard contains these words:

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:27:22 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote
(in article ):

The message
from Paul Corfield contains these words:

Why not have an open day and ask urg members to pop round for a look,
cup of tea and piece of cake? ;-)

You'd get endless advice and instant plant recognition.

But we do the endless advice and instant recognition thing anyway,
even without the tea and cake :-)

I recall that I once promised to fax you a cream tea............ ;-)

It still hasn't arrived, partly because I haven't got a fax.

Ah. That would explain the smell of sour cream emanating from
mine...........

Can I have a refund, then? :~}

Janet.

Only if you claim it in person.
In all seriousness and very much of the moment, we had some people return a
golden hop today, claiming something was wrong with it. All that was wrong
was that they hadn't planted it in the two weeks they'd had it and hadn't
watered it, either. I showed it to Ray who confirmed this and offered them a
replacement but no, they chose a Solanum instead. Off they went, very happy
bunnies. The kicker is that one of our staff used to work at a garden centre
in this area and she says that they played this game so often there that they
were, eventually, banned from returning plants of any sort, at all. They buy
a plant, let it stand around untended for a week or two, bring it back,
choose another that's a little more expensive and expect not to have to pay
the difference, do the same thing a couple of weeks later and so on and so
on. IOW, they never actually plant anything! They admire it for a while,
until they kill it and then ask for a more expensive replacement of something
entirely different, trading up all the time!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk