Old 04-06-2006, 03:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Shaffer

Default what's almost like a cinnamon fern?

I bought three semi-dormant cinnamon ferns on eBay a while ago, and
now that they're well-unfolded one of them seems to be something else.
It looks almost like a cinnamon fern except the individual leaflets
(if that's the correct term) are smoother and some of the fronds have
spore-forming bodies on them. I've heard the ostrich fern compared to
the cinnamon fern, but from the pictures I've seen of the ostrich fern
the leaflets don't look smooth enough to be what I've got. What other
possibilities are there? Could this just be a freak cinnamon fern?