Old 04-06-2006, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Please help. grass problem.

Me here wrote:
"GardenScot" wrote in message

i have recently moved hom and require to totally overhaul my garden. i
am quite an old chappie, so can't be doing with digging. my garden is
in a state of disrepair by previous owners so my question is this;

is there anything that kills grass?

i am planning to turn the limited space in my garden into a rockery i
can while away the hours in but just now i cant even get started. so i
do need to find something that will take the grass away.

Man and a Mni Digger.

For a real rock garden, probably. But not so much for digging away the
grass as for setting the rocks in place (tricky). Unless you go for
paving and drystone walls (which are often the best for rock plants in
a small space), a rockery always seems to need rocks at least twice the
size you think you'll need -- this is permanent stuff, and you don't
want it looking stingy.

--
Mike.