Old 04-06-2006, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default What are these please?

"Adagio" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Adagio" wrote in message
The objects at http://tinyurl.com/evmvc were spotted in our Hampshire
garden this morning. They are between 4 and 5 cm across and attached to
concrete edging slabs.

Any suggestions as to their identity would be most welcome.

David

Looks like a lump of aggregate from the concrete which may not have been
noticeable due to moss of lichen covering which has died due to lack of
water.

No they are soft and "gooey" inside. I have poked one. There is a slight
unpleasant smell. It is unlikely that they have been there more than a few
days. They are not hidden and would almost certainly have been noticed.

In which case I would go with the polyurethane theory-to which you say no.
Try setting fire to a small bit and see what happens.