Old 04-06-2006, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Plant IDs please - worrisit ?

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 10:29:26 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote
(in article ):

The message
from Paul Corfield contains these words:

I'm obviously a very naive person but I find such antics bordering on
the incredible.

I see you have never stood in the returns queue at Marks and Spencer
clothes department :-)

Janet

Very true. About a thousand years ago I was a model at what was then
Debenham & Freebody in London. This was the couture department and even back
then, in the 60s, some of the evening dresses cost well into the hundreds of
pounds. It was not uncommon for a woman to 'buy' a dress one day and bring
it back the next, saying her husband didn't like it. But the dress would
have talc marks or worse - sweat marks - and would smell of perfume and we'd
know she'd worn it to a party the night before!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk