Old 04-06-2006, 08:05 PM posted to sci.engr.lighting,rec.gardens
John Hines

Default Any grow light dealers out there?

Mama Bear wrote:

John Hines wrote :

Mama Bear wrote:

Good idea. So now all I need is a 175 watt metal halide broad
spectrum lamp ( balanced blue and yellow ) and matched decent
quality ballast-socket combo.

Any ideas on where I can find those on the web?

http://www.altgarden.com

specifically

http://www.altgarden.com/store/cart....ct_detail&p=67

although no picture of the bulb. G

Or the fixture, ballast or anything.

They are in a different section than the raw bulbs.

Pig in a poke anyone?

A MH bulb looks pretty much like any other.

I've got one of these
http://www.altgarden.com/store/cart....t_detail&p=615
in my living room, growing umbrella plants. I have, and will in the
future, purchased from these folks, I know they are good.

Smaller bulbs, up to 250w are more common these days in industrial and
commercial lighting, it is possible to find them at home centers and
electrical supply places, just ask for daylight bulbs.

The hard part seems to be finding them with sockets and ballasts. ( and
of course in wide spectrum MH )

you mean like this?
http://www.altgarden.com/store/cart....t_detail&p=590

"This simple, highly reflective Wing reflector gives you a top notch
system at a rock bottom price. Hydrotek has put together a great system
with simple design and quality components. The 5-year warranty on the
North American-made ballast will keep you running for years to come."

In your case, you'll want to pop for the $20 upgrade to the agro-sun
bulb, as this is an HPS system. But browse around see what u find.

--
If I had something to say, this is where I'd say it.