Old 04-06-2006, 07:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Default How do you get rid of 5-leaf ivy and some other stuff?

I Love Lucy said:

Thanks for another good idea. The painting method would work well on
the 5-leaf stuff because there's not so much of it. That other stuff,
"gloving" all those leaves would be a pain, and that doesn't deal with
the root system which is lurking there waiting to pop up somewhere else.
You have to get all the leaves connected to the system. If I pull on
the leaf stems and they don't break off (little ones do), I often get a
foot or more of root along with it, and I know there's more left under
there waiting to break out somewhere else.

That's why systemic herbicides are effective. They're absorbed by the
plant, and kill it by distributing the poison just as if it were food. So,
the whole plant gets the herbicide.

--
Eggs

-Two cows standing next to each other in a field, Daisy says to Dolly "I
was artificially inseminated this morning."
"I don't believe you," said Dolly. "It's true, no bull!" exclaimed Daisy.