Old 04-06-2006, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Squirrels

"Josie" wrote in message
Message from Alan Holmes on Sat, 3 Jun 2006
22:07:05 Squirrels:

"Pest Effects" wrote in message

Josie Wrote:
This year the garden is inundated with grey squirrels. Does anyone
know
whether they take rat poison, or whether a special poison is
available?

Thank you, Joe
--
Your garden may be inundated with them, but before you take any drastic
action, please consider what damage they are actually causing and also

who
love them and look forward to their arrival in the mornings.

I appreciate that some people may like squirrels because they look
pretty, but they are pests. They ravage costly bird food - they are
costing me a fortune in shelled sunflower seeds; they destroy birds
nests (even a tits nets box in my garden) and God help you if they
access your loft undetected.

I don't mind the odd one, even every day, but we're now inundated with
two or three almost throughout the day. I think they are nesting high
up in an apple tree!

I think poison will be the most effective solution.

Perhaps if you were to stop attracting scavengers into your garden by
putting out food for them, they might move on?