Old 05-06-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sue Burnham

Default Geranium question.

"KOS" wrote in message
oups.com...
hello,
I have a few pots of geraniums and I noticed that they are not
flowering. (not the scented variety). Appearance-wise- the plants look
very healthy. Lots of green leaves- but no flowers.

Should I add some type of nitrogen food? what appears to be the
problem?

Located in the N. East part of the USA
Thanks!
KOS

Please, Don't fertilize, especially with nitrogen. Pelargoniums mostly
prefer warm, dry, and potbound for best flowering. Dark, damp, wet
conditions just make them put out leaf growth. They will flower when the
weather settles.

Sue
Western Maine