Old 04-06-2006, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Filling in a garden pond

In article ,
"Cheryl" writes:
| We have inherited a pond in the house we have bought but have decided to
| fill it in.
|
| We do like the pond but our garden is tiny and it takes up half the space.
| Plus we have begun to think long term. Ie starting a family and feel that
| it is just easier/safer to fill it in a gain a bigger garden aswell.

If you have a tiny garden, that would leave nowhere for the children to
play but IN the pond! Messy ....

| I was wondering what would be the best way to fill to pond.. we will be
| digging up lots of concrete slab, will these be ok?

Yes. How deep is it? It may need less filling in than you think. DFo
remove any liner before filling it in, if you want to plant anything (even
a lawn).

| plus any ideas of the best way to rehome the fishes? we dont know anyone
| else with a pond!

Advertise here, on Ebay or local newsagents. If you have good-sized
goldfish, they are worth money.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.