Old 05-06-2006, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hazchem

Default vegetables not needing much water

MaggieW wrote:
Hi there Andrew,

There is a hosepipe ban in my area, South London. I do not want to be
carrying lots of water in watering cans. Can I please get some advice
on which vegetables need the least amount of watering.

I'm only a beginner gardener (about 6-7 years), so don't know what rules
are on allotments. But the ones I've seen around Liverpool quite often
have flowers as well as veggies. If you have sufficient veggies for
your needs, why not grow some flowers?

Good idea, but there is a rule that no more than 20 per cent of the
area can be used for flowers.

My sister lives in Liverpool and she told me that she knows a woman who
has an allotment but has a lot of problems from the other plotholders
who are all men.

Andrew