Old 05-06-2006, 08:14 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
Charles

Default Poison Ivy vs Bed Bugs

On 5 Jun 2006 11:32:46 -0700, wrote:

I went to another dermatologist today, and he took a look at the bites
on my body and said it is poison ivy/contact dermatitis.

Yes, I did do about an hour work in the garden back on May 20th.
But I did not get any red itchy bumps until May 25th, and that was only
1 on my left arm, and armpit and some on my torso.
A week later (friday June 2nd) went to the dermatologist, she looked at
the ones on my arm and said Exzecma, then saw the bites on my body and
said looks like 'insect bites, probably bed bugs' - since I travel for
work.
Plus I wake up every morning with a few more bumps.

Today (monday June 5th) went to another doctor for a second opinion, he
looked and said it did not look like bed bug bites.
I told him that I scratched the bites so it might not look like it
originally did.
But he pointed out that I have 3 bites (2 on left arm, 1 on rt) that
has a clear head/water bubble. He said bites dont cause that, and he
just doesnt think it looks like bed bug bites.

I told him that I wore a shirt and pants when I worked in the garden,
and I told him that I get new itchy bumps every morning even though its
been 2 weeks, and he said that happens sometimes with poison ivy, it
comes on gradually and can keep coming even 2 weeks later.

But he did say my scratching has caused the bites/bumps to get bad, so
I have a serious reaction now, he gave me a cortisone shot and gave me
a prescription for some cream and pills for the itching (atarax)

Could you take a look at the pictures of my torso and let me know what
you think it COULD be. (I did not take pictures of the bumps on the
arms and knees)
I know you all are not medical professionals, I am just relaying on
your practical experiance, so dont worry, I wont sue =)

Thanks!!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/tforms1/1.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/tforms1/2.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/tforms1/3.jpg

I don't know what it is, but have you considered that you may have
contaminated your bedding. Urishinol can get on fabrics and persist
for some time. my mom had problems that way.