Old 05-06-2006, 07:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom J

Default Yews - Are they toast???

"Hoib" wrote in message
*****
. ..
Hope this is the right section for this - I think it may be. I have
developed a strategy for next winter to keep deer off my yews. I'm
going to try to "wrap" them in something, maybe burlap. It was purely
hopeless this year out here where the herd is so large. Repellents,
tin cans with marbles and Irish Spring soap did little if any good.
My next door neighbor, bless him, feeds the deer leftover fruits and
veggies during the winter which is why I'm sure they're around...

Are there any thoughts about any successful anti-deer strategies?
None of the local nurseries around here are very helpful at all.
******

Try the farm supply stores or fence companies. About 10 fott high
fence all the way around should do nicely!! Otherwise, motion dectors
connected to lights, horns & the sprinkler system.

Tom J