Old 05-06-2006, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Wasps EATING wooden sheds!

Ellie Bentley wrote:
Has anyone experience of this?

Ho yes! Last year, I kept showing to everyone the little lines of eaten
woods on our front gate. This year I saw them doing it to the bench.
But last year I had to call the council because we found the nest in
the holly tree and it scared me to bits .... A huge ball, magnificent
thing really, built around a branch. We stayed indoor while the chap
pumped lots of smoke and took the nest down by first cutting the
branch. It was free too. This year we're still trying to find out where
they are nesting. If it's very close to were we eat/live then I'll
destroy it but if it's in the roof or in the hedges, I'll leave it.