Old 05-06-2006, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ornata

Default Tree - Help

Sacha Hubbard wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:23:50 +0100, La Puce wrote
(in article . com):

John & Lisa wrote:
Ah, thanks for the answer on the tree type.
Would not agree on the beatiful bit though, at least not while it is
dropping shed fulls of debris all over my front drive and caravan :-)

But ... but ... caravaning is all about living with nature. Move the
caravan!!! ;o)

For once La Puce and I are in accord. Surely people wouldn't cut down a tree
because their vehicle gets dirty! Why have a garden? The tree has been
around longer than the caravan, I'm sure, gives shelter to birds, pleasure to
those that see it and oxygen to the world of the body, mind and spirit.
Surely you could either clean the van a little more often, clean it when you
want to use it only, or buy a covering tarpaulin of some sort, rather than
destroy a mature tree for a *caravan*!
And perhaps you could sweep the drive once or twice a week, instead of
cutting down a tree - maybe you could invest in one of those leaf blower
things or a Garden Vac, instead of cutting down a tree?!
--
Sacha

I agree. It's a lovely tree, and it would be a terrible shame to cut
it down.