Old 05-06-2006, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
scorpy66

Default Border full of couch grass!

On 4 Jun 2006 16:45:39 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
"Adagio" writes:

| RoundUp will see to the couch - should not harm cats

It can be painted on, and grasses are very sensitive to it (it was
designed to kill couch), so it should be possible to kill the couch
without killing the plants.

As you say, it is not significantly poisonous to mammals, once
applied.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick - the couch is pretty well entangled through a number of
plants so I'm concerned about keeping them safe. Do you know if I'd
need to paint pretty much every blade of the couch for RoundUp to be
effective or would, say, a 50% hit rate still do the job? If so,
perhaps I won't need to dig them out after all.... crossing fingers!

Thanks again,

scorpy
"You'll never get me up in one of those!" said the caterpillar to the butterfly ~ Timothy Leary