Old 06-06-2006, 03:51 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.consumers.pest-control

Default Poison Ivy vs Bed Bugs

On 5-Jun-2006, wrote:

I went to another dermatologist today, and he took a look at the bites
on my body and said it is poison ivy/contact dermatitis.

I told you I thought it wasn't BB's. I kind of figured it was something else
after our last conversation and you all of a sudden noticing more bumps. I
had figured it was something that you had missed in your daily routine of
things you had done. You never thought about the gardening because it had
been so long ago had you? What is happening is you are scratching these and
opening them up and spreading the poison around to new places on your body.
If you can fight off the urge to scratch you will help yourself to end this
soon. The med's your doctor gave you will also help to end it pretty soon
also. The pictures do most definitely look like poison ivy to me. The bumps
look to have heads on them or look like small boils, the only insect bite
that will look anything like that is usually a spider or a stinging insect
of some kind, not a bedbug.

I am glad you found out what it is and if the itching gets to bad you can
always take a bath in oatmeal, trust me it works. They make a bath
especially for that and they are wonderful. I have had to use them before in
situations where I get out in the woods and get chiggers.

So you don't need to call out an exterminator for your home, that's a
relief. But if you do ever need one for anything else let me know and I will
recommend a good one for you.

--
I wish you all the best
Tim Wise