Old 05-06-2006, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
OrchidKitty

Default Probably a stupid question...

Well, dendrobiums can take full sun. Mine are out in it right now.
However, this would be an excellent opportunity for you to introduce
yourself to the new neighbors. Geez, I'd give anything to have an
orchid-growing neighbor...

Tracey wrote:
A family moved in down the street and, for the last few weeks,
they have had a couple of pots out in front of their house.
Just from driving by, I can tell they're orchids. No flower
spikes and dendrobium-like canes. Am I pretty safe if I stop
and tell them that the fact that those orchids are in direct
sunlight from morning until dusk is probably not a good thing
for them even without knowing what exact orchid it is?

Tracey