Old 05-06-2006, 11:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Default Rebuilding a Walbro carb

wrote:

Thank you for your input.

The carb sits in a circular plastic housing that has a plate the
attaches over it that also has the choke, medium, run knob. I have this
plate off while I'm trying to work on the carb. If this thing sits
overnight, there will be several tablespoons of fuel trapped in this
plastic housing. It has to be leaking out the carb. Some of the gas is
leaking into the cylinder also, because if I take out the plug before
even trying to start it, the plug is wet and about a teaspoon of has
drips out the spark plug hole. I'd like to know more about a stuck
valve and how I can clear it.

The inlet valve in the carb is leaking. Could be trash or not adjusted
correctly. What model Walbro carb is it?

--
Art