Old 06-06-2006, 02:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kunta Kinte

Default Does this bug eat potato foliage? (jpg attached) - Bug on Potato plant.jpg (0/1)

North East US: This insect flies proficiently. That 'carapace' (it is
hard) opens up somehow to allow flight. Two large
butterfly-positioned antennae. With their legs pulled in they are
_flat_ under the carapace. I only see them on my potato plants. But
am not convinced they're actually eating the leaves -- though
something is (as evidenced in the jpg)

anybody shed any light on who they are and who is eating the leaves?

thanks