Old 15-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Karen

Default Just curious, for now

Ted Byers wrote:
Karen wrote in message ...

Ted,
I know Wisconsin is not as far north as you are but ...

Try
http://www.botany.wisc.edu/Orchids/O...Wisconsin.html
Karen

Hmmmmmmmm, Unless I am going senile in my old age, I would have sworn
that Wisconsin was further north than me. Isn't it just to the south
of Lake Superior, just west of Michigan? If so, it is further north
than much of Ontario. Southern Ontario is further south than northern
California. I am in Sincoe county, which is well north of Toronto
(but not too far to commute) and southeast of Georgian Bay.

But thanks for the link. It got me thinking further about
cypripediums, and I found this link: http://www.infonet.ca/cypr. He
has a couple cyprpedium species that would do well here, even on the
north side of the house; and they appeal to me, and they are nursery
propagated and grown. In fact, I could put them in the westernmost
part of my south flower bed, because it gets dappled shade in the
afternoon and evening during the summer.

As a result of this search, I also found
http://www.hardy-orchids.com/index.html
which has a much larger selection of hardy orchids. So, as the budget
allows, I will be adding hardy orchids to my gardens.

Thanks again,

Ted

Well, geography never was a strong suite of mine.....
Glad you found something helpful.
Karen