Old 05-06-2006, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Courgettes

Maggie wrote:
I am new vegetable growing but have started a vegetable patch in my garden.
I have planted out some courgettes but the flowers keep rotting off. Will
they survive or should I try to plant some new.
Any ideas?

Your plants sounds like they are not F1 and not self fertile - maybe
the insects have problems pollinating your plants because of bad
weather?! How many have you got and what kind have you got. Also, I
find that growing courgettes in old tyres or raised from the ground is
better. This year I've been plagued by slugs at the allotment - lost a
few plants but not those at home growing on benches.