Old 06-06-2006, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default is it too late?

"greengrass" wrote in message

does anyone know if too late plant shrubs or trees? I'm getting a late
start in my yard. I'd like to plant a couple of dogwoods if they still
have a chance of surviveing. thanks

You could try. It would have time to get a root system going, but I
don't know what the heat would do to a newly planted dogwood. Most
places have stopped shipping. I ordered one just under the wire for the
last spring shipment and it failed to leaf out.

I don't recommend a bare root one. I lost my balled and burlapped or
potted (can't remember) one too though years ago. It's best to plant
them in the spring, then you are going to know if they are going to grow
or not.

--
greengrass