Old 06-06-2006, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pennyaline

Default Bell pepper problem

Jim Marrs wrote:
It sounds like you may have over fertilized the plant. Using too much
nitrogen based fertilizer will caust the plants to become stunted as well as
develop the deformed leaves. I grow the Blush variety each year and the
plants you describe are defininely not normal. If you suspect fertilizer may
be the problem, the cure may be a drastic replanting in new potting soil.
Wash the roots with water and completely repot and hope for the best.. It
may be better to just start over with new plants.

I don't add fertilizer to newly-placed young plants, and this one is no
exception. I appreciate your suggestion, though!

The nursery has offered to replace the plant with a more mature one
nearer to blossom, gratis of course. Their only regret is they may not
be able to get me a Blushing Beauty. But that's all right with me, and
I'm going to take them up on it. Such nice people, with a healthy belief
in good business and good will.