Old 06-06-2006, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stevej

Default Unhealthy looking Pampas grass

I envy you GDD, my wife planted ours and I hate it.

"GDD" wrote in message

Hi there.

I am beginning to get worried about my pampas grass. It has grow rather
successfully to knee height and survived the british winter however it
is now showing signs of unhealthiness.

Some of the leaves are ok however progressively others look ill. I am
not too sure wether its just wind damage or something else...

(I have cleared dead growth)

To be honest I did just plock it down in my clay soil, having now read
they prefer well drained soil I worry...is it the soil?

Here are some pics...

http://tinyurl.com/octuf
http://tinyurl.com/ks6db
http://tinyurl.com/rukej

Any opinions would be very welcome, thanks.

--
GDD