Old 06-06-2006, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VisionSet

Default Ash Tree

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...

Cutting the top back won't stop the roots growing at all. I'm surprised
it hasn't completely ruined your rockery! It's easy to get
unnecessarily worried about trees, especially with modern foundations,
but I think ten feet is far too close to the house for comfortsnip

. I'd remove the tree.

I agree totally with this. I've had to do the same thing under similar
circumstances but my ash tree was growing on top of a lowish wall about

ten
feet from my kitchen window. The roots were below the wall and heading
straight for the house. Unhappily, I think you have no choice.

What, not working with nature then?

--
Mike W